Europe is a dream for couples wanting to spend a few exclusive days. And yet, there is so much to explore and enjoy, it can get a bit confusing. That is why, the list below gives a few destinations that are diverse and offers something different.
Florence, which is tucked amidst the beautiful Tuscany Mountain, transports you back into in its glorious history. Its buildings, streets seem to speak about its past. If it were not for the chic shops and fashionable Italians, you would have thought of traveling back in time in the time machine.
Things to do in Florence
- The Basilica di Santa Maria del Fiore (commonly known as the Duomo) is a gigantic Gothic Cathedral built in the 14th
- The Piazzale Michelangelo is one of the most popular viewpoints. The place offers spectacular views and also has a gigantic replica of Michelangelo’s David.
- The Uffizi Gallery, built at the end of the 16th century, was Europe’s first modern museum. With collections such as Botticelli’s “Birth of Venus,” Raphael’s “Madonna of the Goldfinch” and Titian’s “Venus of Urbino, the museum is an art lover’s dream.
You need one reason to visit Paris? You have plenty of them. The divine cuisine, rich art collections, the Seine River lazily flowing through the city with old churches, state museums, blocks of Rococo- and Neoclassic-design architecture, street lamps and tree-lined streets on either side combine to create an irresistible package for you.
Things to do in Paris
- The Notre-Dame Cathedral offers spectacular view of the city. Its construction, which began in 1163, was completed nearly 200 years after. Its body was severely dented after that but it has regained its glory since then.
- The Musee du Louvre is the world’s largest museum and probably also the best, considering its rich collections. It started out as a fort and was a palace in the middle.
- The Eiffel Tower offers the best view of the city and its surrounding areas.
Santorini, with its black and red beaches and delectable wines, offers some great moments. Do not forget to carry your camera. You can just lie on the beach lazily and sip wine. The place also has some great architecture.
Things to do in Santorini
- Santorini has a history of volcanic eruptions. The eruptions have created a few islands and the Kamari Beach is one of them. It is conspicuous by its black sand. The beach is almost always sunny and hot.
- The volcanic soil in Santorini makes the place ideal for growing grapes. So do not forget to visit the vineyards and taste the grapes and the wines.
- The Amoudi Bay offers the best view of the Caldera. The Amoudi Bay is a little fishing city and it can be a little taxing to descend a lot of steps but the effort is going to be worth it.
Diversity is the right word to describe Crete. There is so much diversity packaged in a single place that it seems incredible — sandy beaches hiding behind mountains, palm trees growing amidst plains, modern cities coexisting with ancient ruins. Crete could amaze you. Different architecture styles such as the Greek, Minoans, Venetians and the ottomans line up the streets. You need to choose the place you want to stay or go to depending on the type of vacation you are looking at.
Things to do in Crete
- Do not miss visiting the Vai Beach mainly because of the stunning landscape it gives.
- Visit the The Palace of Knossos which is a maze of gigantic columns and magnificent frescos. The Palace reflects the sophistication of the Minoan civilization that disappeared in the 15th century BC.
Budapest, it seems, blends the old with the new. On one side there is this old architecture that reminds you of its glorious history while on the other, there is the nightclubs which reminds you that times have changed. The best way to experience Budapest is on foot. Take a leisurely walk with your partner to experience the city.
Things to do in Budapest
- Do not miss visiting the magnificent Hungarian National Gallery, also known as Magyar Nemzeti Galeria. It showcases the Hungarian art dating back to the Middle Ages. The gallery is situated on the Buda Castle in the Castle Hill.
- Budapest is known for its relaxing thermal baths. This is a feature that you do not want to miss.
Alex is fond of traveling and an avid travel blogger. He likes to cover all the dimensions of traveling in his writing; from tips for cheap business class flights to Europe to greatest traveler destinations, one can find all in his write ups. He also loves to indulge in different culture and places to groom himself as a better travel person.