If you have toddlers or young children in your home, or often have night out visitors who are kids, then you might be facing the issue of bedwetting due to any reason. If you think it doesn’t have any solution to remove the stains from the bed mattress, then you are totally wrong.
To get rid of the bed stains, the first most important tip is to plan. Particularly for the night stays of kids, you will have to get prepared in advance. Plan secretly without letting the kids know. Here are the ways you can move along to keep your bed mattresses safe from stains.
- Cover the mattress with a plastic cover or a garbage bag. An old vinyl tablecloth can also be used for this purpose.
- Cover the plastic lining with a large towel, then place a pad and then cover that with fitted sheet.
- Such kind of setup will minimize the chances of possible damage to the mattress due to any potential accidents.
If, despite having good protection measures, if your mattress is exposed to wetness, follow the given below methods for cleanup.
- Make a mixture of cornstarch and water. Make it sure that the mixture doesn’t have any lumps.
- Pour the mixture over the spot and let that get dried for hours. Leaving over the night is a better option.
- Vacuum the dried cornstarch.
- If the stain is there, apply the mixture again.
- Use paper towels to soak as much liquid as you can.
- Make a mixture of one part white vinegar and three parts dishwashing liquid.
- Apply the mixture over the spot with a wet sponge.
- Let the spot get dried for 30 minutes.
- Pull up the liquid from the spot with a wet sponge as much as you can.
- Sprinkle cornstarch over the wet area for several hours.
- Vacuum up the spot.
- Mix 16-Oz Hydrogen Peroxide, 1 TBS baking soda, and 1 tsp liquid dish detergent in a used plastic container. Use wooden spoon for mixing.
- Fill up the squirt bottle and pours on the urine spot. Completely covers the area and let that get dried for an hour without touching.
- Vacuum the spot or use a rag to wipe that off.
Get Rid Of Lingering Odors
Spray vinegar and then sprinkle some baking powder over the dried stain and get rid of the lingering odors.
Wash When Possible
Getting rid of the stains isn’t the end of the story. Wash the mattress as soon as possible. Use ½ cup of cider vinegar per load to kill the smell.
- Keep the mattress covered for better protection.
- Wash the mattress once a month.
- Use liquid dish detergent in water or hydrogen peroxide for blotting purpose.
- Before laundering, apply a thin baking soda layer on top of it. Let that get dried for hours and then vacuum the mattress.
- Let the sunlight come inside the room by opening up the windows and curtains.
- Flip the mattress from top to bottom as well as from side to side.
The above mentioned methods are easy to apply on your own inside home. However, if you don’t want to mess up, you can hire experts like carpet cleaning services Sharjah.
This post is written by Peter North, a professional writer, working with a firm offering service of mattress cleaning Dubai. The firm provides a complete range of services of Bed mattress cleaning, sofa cleaning, carpet cleaning to keep the houses clean and free from insects .